Myworkout GO is a service that consists of web and mobile applications and is a product of Myworkout AS (org No. 912 663 272), a company located in Trondheim, Norway.Any revisions to its provisions will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.If you have any questions about this document, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 10.11.2023
Myworkout AS is the controller of the personal data you provide when using our services. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of the personal information we receive or collect from the usage of our services.
We ask for and use your personal information only to provide you with the full functionality of the services as well as improving them.
- We store information both that you provide and which are collected while the apps are in use.
- We process this information to provide you with estimations about your physical condition and performance.
- We share anonymized or pseudonymized information with our sub-processors to improve our products, for analytics purposes, and to provide customer support.
- We include your workout data and health evaluations in anonymized statistics, which we use to generate reports. We share these reports with business partners and customers to document the effect of our services.
- If you connect your account to an organization, we may ask you to share personal data. We will, in each case, inform you about what data is shared and ask for your consent.
- Beyond that, we will not share, publish, sell, or otherwise hand over any of your personal data to any third parties unless you expressly tell us to do so.
- We only permit our third-party service providers to use the information we share with them for that which is strictly necessary for the services they provide us.
What information we collect and why
Basic account information
- Name, email, phone number, and password: This information is necessary to identify and secure your account and to provide you with access to our services.
- Sex: We need to know your sex to provide estimations regarding your physical fitness.
- Date of birth: We use your date of birth to customize your app experience and the feedback we provide.
- Heart rate data: We collect and store heart rate data if you use a heart rate monitoring device while exercising. We use it to estimate max heart rate, provide statistics, and evaluate your workouts.
- Max heart rate: We will store your max heart rate if you provide it and when the app calculates it for you. We use it to guide your intensity during workouts and as a basis to evaluate your activities.
We will collect, process, and store information from our users that constitutes medical/health data, defined as special category data under applicable privacy laws and regulations, as further listed in this section. This also includes medical/health data, such as calculations of maximum oxygen consumption and biological age, that is inferred from a combination of raw sensor data and user input to which you have granted us access. Health information processed by us through the service could include the following:
- Maximum oxygen consumption:When you use our fitness evaluation feature, we will estimate your maximum oxygen consumption. We use it to look up your biological age and to provide you with health and fitness assessments, and statistics.
- Biological age: Biological age is used as a reference to your physical fitness and to provide statistics.
- Bodyweight: Bodyweight is used together with watt to estimate maximum oxygen consumption when using certain types of exercise equipment and might be used to provide statistics.
- Location data: During activities, we track your location to provide the fundamental functions of the service, such as calculation distance, speed, incline, and displaying your route on a map.
- Device information: Certain actions taken in the app, such as logging in, starting an activity, and upgrading to premium, will trigger the collection of information about your device such as device, including device type and model, battery saving settings, and software version. We do this to improve our products and to be better able to help with support requests from our users.
Technical Information and log data
- We collect information that your browser, computer or device sends whenever you access or use our services. This data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- We use third-party services such as (but not limited to) Google Analytics that collect, monitor, and analyze this data in order to improve our products.
Connected devices and apps
We collect information from devices and apps you connect to Myworkout GO. For example, you may connect your Garmin watch or FitBit account to Myworkout GO, and information from these devices and apps will be passed along to Myworkout and processed for the same purposes as the data you provide through our products.
- We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information. This use is limited to what is permissible by law and the consents you have given while using our services.
- Cookies are small amounts of data that may include a unique identifier, which might be stored on your device. Some of those cookies are persistent, which means that they will be stored on your electronic device when you leave our website for a restricted period of time. For session cookies, those are deleted as soon as you leave our website.
- For the cookies stored on your device, such as the analytical cookies, a storage period of  months is usually used by Google Analytics. For any other cookies storage period, please contact us.
- We only retain your personal information as long as it is needed to provide the services that are outlined within this document.
- We may retain information longer if required by law.
- We will delete or anonymize your data when we no longer have a legitimate need for it.
- If you choose to delete your Myworkout account, we will retain your personal data for 14 days before we delete or anonymize it.
- If deletion is not possible, for instance, if the data is stored in a backup archive, we will secure and isolate it until deletion is possible.
How we share and disclose information
Below you will find a list of data processors with whom we have an agreement and that contribute to the provisioning of the service. Any transfer of personal data out of the EU/EEA is done in accordance with the Privacy Shield framework.
- If you are invited to join an organization within Myworkout GO, you could be asked to share some of your personal data. If so, we will inform you about what data is being shared and ask for your consent.
- If your account is connected to an organization that you no longer want to share data with, contact us on email@example.com, and we will help you.
Contest and Challenge Participation
If you participate in a contest through Myworkout GO, some of your profile and workout information is disclosed in relation to the contest. The information is limited to what is necessary to identify you as a participant and ensure fair and transparent scorekeeping in the contest. Depending on the type of contest or challenge, the information may include:
- Profile data: Your profile picture and name.
- Workout data: The type, date, duration, HIT minutes, distance, and elevation gain from workouts registered during the contest.
- Calculated data: The workouts’ calculated score for the contest or challenge.
Places where this information is used include:
- Leaderboards: Your or your team’s ranking and accumulated score.
- Your score log: Log of your scoring workouts, including the data used to calculate its score.
Access and portability
- The majority of the information we store about you is accessible through our services.
- If you need additional access or want your data transferred, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rectification, erasure, and restricted processing
- You have the right to get your Myworkout account deleted. We will then delete or anonymize your data when there are no longer any legal or contractual obligations keeping us from doing so.
- You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored in your Myworkout account rectified.
- You have the right to object to and restrict the processing of the data stored in your Myworkout account. The data will then be made inaccessible until you tell us to resume the processing.
- Requests concerning rectification, erasure, and restricted processing can be directed to email@example.com.
Enforcement and right to make a complaint
If you have reservations or grounds for a complaint based on how we process your personal data, you can also lodge a complaint with your country's of residence's data protection authority.
Data protection officer
Requests concerning privacy can be directed to Myworkout’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.